Punjabi Wadi-Snacks Recipes
Author: Indian Food Recipe
Recipe type: Vegetarian
A quick guide explaining preparation of Punjabi Wadi
- Skinless Urad dal - 500 gms
- Ash Gourd - 400 gms
- Ginger - 100 gms
- Coriander Leaves - 150 gms
- Cardamon Seeds - 50 gms
- Green Chilli - 150 gms
- Panch Pooran - 50 gms
- Red Chillies - 250 gms
- Powdered Cumin - 15 gms
- Black Pepper - 100 gms
- Fennel Seeds - 50 gms
- Cinnamon Powder - 20 gm
- Cloves - 20 gms
- Cumin Seeds - 25 gms
- Mace Powder - ½ tsp
- Grated Nutmeg - 2 pinch
- Hing Powder - 10 gm
- Grind the urad dal in a mixer.
- The dal needs to be coarsely grinded and soaked for couple of hours in water.
- Add water to cover ½ inch above the dal.
- Once all the water is absorbed mix well with a spatula.
- The mix will be similar to thick dosa batter.
- Then mix the asafoetida with little water and mix it with the batter.
- Leave it overnight for the batter to rise.
- Then next day wash and clean the petha and squeeze the water out and then grind it with ginger, green chillies, coriander leaves in a mixer.
- Then add the grinded paste and the rest of powders to the batter and mix well.
- Make sure that the batter is thick and add little water if needed.
- Then spread a clean cloth and add a spoon of it.
- Keep adding all the batter on to the cloth.
- Let it dry in the hot sun until its very dry.
- Store them in air tight jars.